Wendy’s chicken sandwich has many fans the world over. Is it because of some secret ingredients or some secret method that the sandwich tastes soo good? If you want to make this at home, try this recipe below.
Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Oil to taste
- Frank’s RedHot Sauce 1/3 cup
- Water 2/3rd cup
- Chicken breasts 4
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1/8th tsp garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Take oil in a skillet on high flame.
- Take a mixing bowl and add water and Frank’s redhot sauce
- Take a separate bowl and mix all-purpose flour, pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, garlic powder, paprika and onion powder. Mix well.
- Roll the chicken breasts in this dry flour mixture and then in the sauce mixture. Keep repeating this step 2 to 3 times, until all the four breasts are well coated.
- Fry each of the breasts in the hot oil until they are browned evenly from both sides.
- Arrange this fried chicken breast, lettuce, tomato inside the hamburger bun and add mayonnaise for taste. Serve hot.
Wendy’s Chicken Sandwich recipe serves 4 and takes around 25 minutes for preparation. Each sandwich has 774 calories. The same chicken fillet can be used to make Wendy’s chicken wrap also.
This chicken sandwich by Wendy’s is an instant classic as it is crispier, juicier and packed with flavor. This homestyle chicken sandwich ranks no. 10 and the spicy chicken sandwich ranks no. 7. This rating is not good for Wendy’s as the new homestyle chicken and its new fried chicken sandwich are simply known as ‘classic chicken sandwich’. It is available for $4.99 and looks similar to the old sandwich, just that the pale golden fried piece of chicken inside topped with iceberg lettuce and a slice of tomato adds on to this recipe.
There is a generous portion of mayonnaise, but the only difference is that a few pickles have been stuffed in. The chicken seems more juicier than the previous one, but the seasoning is just the same. The sandwich may be crispier than the classic one, but there is no major recipe or technique difference. There is a very slight improvement and change in the taste and this is hardly a major factor to be noticed by the people.
Many good food critics still ranked this sandwich at No. 10 only, similar to its old homestyle sandwich. In spite of all these reviews or rankings, there are many people who are crazy about this sandwich. When you try to make this recipe at home, you can try substituting Frank’s sauce with your preferred spice dip to give a different taste and spice factor to the filet. If you grandma or mom makes chicken fillet in a better way, you can try the same with this recipe.