A spicy chicken sandwich is a famous dish in most cafés and fast food centers. It is made of boneless breast of chicken which is infused with a seasoning of a tasty blend of peppers and spices between toasted buns. Thereafter, the chicken is coated in bread crumb, fried golden, and crispy. It also brines for extra juiciness and softness. The chicken gets dipped into a hot sauce mix with egg and buttermilk. Additionally, it gets breaded with cornstarch and flour, breadcrumbs, and spices.
The chicken is usually deep-fried and sometimes even baked. In addition, a smoky and chili pepper mayonnaise sauce is spread on a slice of the bun. The chicken is then put on the layer and served with iceberg topping, shredded cabbage, and coleslaw salad. A Spicy Chicken Sandwich is a famous American fast food center dish.
How To Make The Popular Spicy Chicken Sandwich
The following recipe makes a meal for two people.
Requirements For Chicken Marination
- Two boneless chicken breasts without skin
- 1 cup buttermilk
- One teaspoon of each of Paprika powder, garlic powder, black pepper and salt to taste
Requirements For Making Bread Chicken
- 1 cup flour
- One tablespoon of each powder- paprika powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper
- One teaspoon of salt & pepper
Requirements To Prepare Spicy Mayonnaise Sauce
- One teaspoon hot sauce
- One teaspoon paprika/taco/Cajun spice
- Half tablespoon garlic powder
Assembling The Sandwich
- Four brioche buns
- Sliced pickles
- 3-4 cups canola oil for frying
Marination Of The Chicken
- Pound the chicken breasts to flatten them. Consequently, cut the breast into two halves to replicate the shape and size of the bun.
- Add the chicken to this mixture and store it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Notably, you can also use it instantly.
To Cook The Marinated Chicken
- Heat oil in a large skillet on a medium temperature flame. The temperatures should preferably be 300 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, and spice them together in a mixture. Thereafter, add buttermilk batter into the flour mixture and mix it thoroughly to make a smooth paste.
- Take one piece of the chicken at a time, dredge in the mixture, and press breadcrumb on top of the chicken to form a thick crust. You can coat the chicken with cornstarch instead of breadcrumbs.
- Consequently, transfer the chicken into hot oil and fry till it turns golden brown on both sides. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees Celsius.
Assembling The Chicken
- Firstly, lightly toast the bread until they are golden.
- Secondly, whisk the ingredients for the mayo sauce together in a small bow.
- Thirdly, spread the mayo sauce generously on each side of the toasted bun.
- Lastly, place the fried chicken between two buns with pickled onions, lettuce, and tomato. Serve while hot!
A Delicious Treat
A juicy chicken breast marinated, fried golden crispy, and assembled between two toasted buns with spicy mayo sauce is a flavourful dish. It is the original spicy chosen sandwich recipe, which makes one crave for it.