Consuming a healthy breakfast is necessary and if you’re among those who love sandwiches, then give a try at the below-given sardine sandwich recipes that you will absolutely love.
2 Sardine Sandwich Recipes That Will Make You Fall In Love With Sardine Sandwiches
Sardine is a canned fish with omega-three fatty acids that are delicious and packed with protein.
Spinach Sardine Sandwich Recipe
This recipe asks you to spend 10 minutes preparing it.
- One small minced garlic clove
- Two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces baby spinach that you are tightly packed in 2 cups and are rinsed
- Some fresh ground pepper
- One small whole wheat lightly toasted English muffin
- Dijon mustard (optional)
- Two canned sardines that are lightly smoked in olive oil
- One sliced small optional tomato
- One tablespoon mayonnaise
Methods Of Preparation – Spinach Sardine Sandwich Recipe
- Take a medium skillet and heat some oil in it over medium heat. Add the minced garlic to it and cook it until it gets fragrant for around 30 seconds. Add the spinach and turn the heat up. Season salt and pepper over the spinach and remove the heat. Drain and take out the excess water by gentle pressing.
- Lightly toast the bought English muffin and spread some mustard if you love it over the bottom half and top the spinach over it.
- Lay down the sardine fillets over the spinach and douse it with lemon juice. If you have a good ripe tomato, lay those tomatoes on the sardines. Spread the top half of the English muffin using mayonnaise, and top the entire sandwich. Press the muffins down and cut it in half or wrap it and refrigerate it properly until it is ready to eat.
Sardine Salad Sandwich
This sardine salad sandwich is quite easy to make, and the total time required to prepare the sardine sandwich is just 15 minutes.
- 2 3.75 ounce cans of oil-packed skinless sardines that are also boneless
- Two stalks of celery that is finely chopped
- ½ small red onion that is finely chopped
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- One teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- One tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and finely ground pepper
- One tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Eight slices whole-grain bread, keep it toasted
- Sliced tomato, sliced cucumber, and alfalfa sprouts along with some lettuce for topping
Methods Of Preparation – Salad Sardine Sandwich Recipes
- Combine the sardines, red onion, celery, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, ¼ teaspoon salt and also, pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Mash all the material using a fork.
- Sandwich the sardine salad between two bread slices along with the tomato, lettuce, sprouts, and cucumber.
If you are a die-heart sandwich lover and would love to try new sandwiches, then try the above given high-protein sardine sandwich recipes to keep yourself full for the next 5 hours.