The sandwich is the best food to have at breakfast or any other meal of the day. In addition, a sandwich is an easy-to-cook food item, which means you can prepare it quickly for a picnic or a camp. In this article, we will be talking about Monte Cristo Sandwich, which is a French toasted cheese and ham sandwich. It is one of the best food items to cook on a camp, picnic, or any trip because it has readily available ingredients. Subsequently, we will discuss the ingredients required to prepare Monte Cristo Sandwich and the recipe to prepare it.
Ingredients Of Monte Cristo Sandwich
The availability of ingredients required to prepare this sandwich is one of the reasons why many people prefer having it while on tour. The ingredients are readily available, and you can get them anywhere. These are the ingredients require to prepare Monte Cristo Sandwich:
- White bread, as per your requirement. You will need 3 slices of bread per each sandwich.
- Ham for stuffing.
- Grated Gouda Cheese.
- Mayonnaise. You will require two tablespoons for each sandwich.
- One egg for each sandwich.
- You will also require milk. For each sandwich, you will need 2 tablespoon milk.
- Pepper and salt, and one tablespoon paprika for each sandwich.
- The sandwich isn’t complete without butter. Two tablespoon butter for each sandwich would be enough.
Steps To Prepare The Monte Cristo Sandwich
Given below are the steps to prepare your meal of the day.
- Take three slices of bread and spread cheese on two slices. Later add the sliced ham on the cheese.
- Consequently, spread mayonnaise on the third slice of the bread. Remember to spread the cheese on both sides of the slides.
- Thereafter, stack the slices on one another. Make sure to keep the slice with mayonnaise in between the other two slices. Cut the ends of the sandwich and gently press it. Notably, you can do this with the help of a plate or cutting board. Keep the board on the sandwich and gently press it on the sandwich.
- Mix egg, milk, salt, and pepper. Then take a container and put the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt as per your requirement. Ensure you mix them well in a bowl.
- Heat the butter until it melts. After it has melted, pour it into the mixture of egg and milk that we made before. Stir the mix well.
- Finally, dredge press the sandwich into the mix of egg and milk. Make sure you cover all the slices, including the ends of the bread. Cook the sandwich for 3-4 minutes. Remember to cook each side for 20 seconds.
- Notably, your sandwich is ready to serve when it turns dark golden brown, and all the cheese has also melted.