Sandwiches are readily available and require very little time to prepare. The only reason why they have high demand is because of their variety and taste. Additionally, sandwiches are healthy, which is also another reason for its market. You must have tasted different sandwiches. However, if you haven’t tasted the steak sandwich, then you need to eat it. We are going to tell you how to prepare the steak sandwiches at your home.
The cooking of the steak sandwich requires a high degree of carefulness to maintain its juicy taste. Here is the list of ingredients you need before preparing a steak sandwich.
Ingredients Required For Making Steak Sandwich
- 400 g flank skirt steak
- Two large onions
- 20 g butter( unsalted)
- Olive Oil
- 70 g sugar( Dark Brown)
- 125 ml vinegar( red wine)
- One Ciabatta bread loaf
- Virgin Olive Oil( Extra)
- English mustard only if required
- handful of watercress
Step By Step Procedure To Prepare Steak Sandwich
- Firstly, take out the steak from the fridge and keep it at room temperature. Then cover the steak with a paper that should be greaseproof and tenderize it by bashing it with the pan and also bring it to the same thickness.
- At the same time, don’t forget to peel onions and also remove the primary layer of steak flesh (keep the layer for the soup), then chop it into two centimeters rounds of suitable thickness.
- Put a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and add butter, oil, and sugar. Once the butter melts, put the onion into it and leave for 5 minutes.
- Keep the lid on and mix vinegar into it. Reduce the heat and leave it for 40 minutes to cook. It will be useful if you leave it until the golden colors appear. Add some water only if needed.
- Meanwhile, put the ciabatta loaf in the oven, maintain a temperature of range 108°C/220°F and leave it to warm.
- Lastly, add salt and black pepper thoroughly to season the steak nicely. On high heat, place a non-stick pan and put the steak in the pan. Drizzle some olive oil and cook for 3 minutes on both sides.
Serving Your Sandwich
- Take it out in a plate and leave it for one minute then slice the steak into one centimeter thick sizes. Add extra olive oil and leave it with its juices.
- Once you are done with that, cut the warm ciabatta in half. Rub the upper part of both the pieces in the steak juices. As per your liking, you can layer it over caramelized onions, watercress, and the steak.
- This is the final step, after which you will be able to enjoy your sandwich. Put both pieces together on top of each other gently and enjoy.
While preparing the steak sandwich, you must keep in mind that a little difference in temperature can alter the taste. Consequently, be careful and patient while cooking the steak because if you want to enjoy the real taste of your hand, you need to take every step very carefully.