A sandwich is a food item that requires less time and few ingredients. Therefore, the sandwich is considered the best food to prepare at a camp or on a trip as it requires only 10-15 minutes to make. However, the problem arises with people with a vegan diet because they do need food with no meat, and most of the sandwich recipes have eggs in them. For such people, cucumber sandwiches are one of the most considerable options.
Cucumber sandwich originated in the United Kingdom and is one of the easiest to cook. A sandwich is a light meal, therefore, it won’t be heavy to your stomach. In this article, we will mention the ingredients you will need to prepare the sandwich and the process of making the sandwich.
Ingredients To Prepare Cucumber Sandwich
As discussed, Cucumber Sandwich does not have any meat or any other non-vegan ingredients, which makes it one of the best dishes for vegetarians. These are the ingredients that you will need to prepare this delicious sandwich.
- You will require is bread. White bread is most preferred for preparing a cucumber sandwich.
- A bar of unsalted butter.
- Have pepper with you for seasoning. Notably, you do not need salt here as it is a cucumber sandwich.
- Peeled cucumber.
The aforementioned are the ingredients you would require to prepare a cucumber sandwich.
Steps To Prepare Cucumber Sandwiches
It is one of the easiest sandwiches recipes that you can prepare because it does not require many ingredients. Consequently, this makes it the best dish for camp if you don’t have a cooking grill with you. Given below are the steps to prepare it.
- Take a sheet of silver foil and spread over the platform of your kitchen to avoid the mess. Arrange the slices of bread on it — two slices of bread for each sandwich.
- Thereafter, cut the slices of butter. If you are facing a problem in cutting the butter into slices, warm the knife for a few seconds, and your work becomes easy. Then place them on the slices of bread, one slice on each bread.
- Cut the cucumber into round slices. You will need to stack these slices on the bread. Then start placing them on the bread. Make sure you keep only one bread of the sandwich, not on the other. Keep as many as you want, but make sure that they don’t fall out of the sandwich. You can put them in with the help of your fingers.
- Finally, keep the second slice on the top of the first one and gently press it. Make sure that you are pressing it gently. Pressing it hard will allow all the ingredients to fall out. Serve and enjoy your cucumber sandwich.