Looking for something healthy and easy to cook? Then the sandwich is what you should go for. It is easy to prepare and delicious. Suppose you have some guests coming to your house and you have no time to cook some meals? Then you should consider preparing a sandwich because it requires less time than any other meal. There are various types of sandwiches that you can make for the meal. Here, we will be discussing the chicken salad sandwich. We will talk about the ingredients required to prepare the sandwich and the recipe. Let’s get started.
Ingredients Chicken Salad Sandwich
Notably, the ingredients required to prepare chicken salad sandwiches are readily available. The ingredients are basic items that are already present in the kitchen, so you need not rush to the market to buy the ingredients if the guests are approaching. These are the ingredients to prepare the chicken salad sandwich.
- Chicken. Make sure the chicken is boneless.
- Bread. You can select the type of bread as per your choice. But white bread is mostly preferred in making the sandwich, though you can go for others too.
- Chopped red onion. Make sure the onion is well chopped.
- Chopped celery
- Pickle relish
- Black pepper for adding taste to it.
The ingredients present in the list are present in every kitchen, so in case of emergency, you need not run to the market to get them.
Recipe To Prepare Chicken Salad Sandwich
Let’s get started with the method to prepare a chicken salad sandwich.
Cooking The Chicken For Chicken Salad Sandwich
- The very first step is to bake the chicken. Take the boneless chicken and keep it in a pan. Now cover the pan with a foil pair before you boil it. After you have covered the pan thoroughly with the foil paper, you can boil it.
- After you have boiled the chicken, it’s time to season it with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle both salt and pepper on the chicken to add taste to it.
- Consequently, after seasoning it, you can bake it in the oven. Bake the chicken until its temperature is 165F. On average, a boneless chicken will take about 25-30 minutes to reach that temperature.
These were the steps to get your chicken ready. Once the chicken is prepared, we can continue further.
Preparing The Sandwich
- Now, it’s time to prepare the chicken salad. To make the chicken salad, mix the baked chicken, onion, celery, and eggs in a medium bowl. Thereafter, mix them well.
- Now add dill relish, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Mix them well. Add more mayonnaise if you want to moisten the mixture.
- Take one slice of bread and spread the mixture on the bread and keep another slice of bread over it.
- Your delicious chicken salad sandwich is ready to serve.
If you follow these steps carefully and as per the directions, then there’s no doubt that your sandwich will be very delicious.