Who doesn’t love chicken sandwiches, isn’t it? Be it for breakfasts or for dinners, sandwiches are loved by one and all. We are sure we must have tried making one at home and might have even succeeded at it. But are you tired of making and eating the same old sandwiches? Here’s a new grilled chicken sandwich recipe that you should definitely try making at home!
What’s more? It is absolutely easy to prepare and also does not take too much time! Besides, if you are a beginner, you will not face any problem in making this at all. So, read along!
Ingredients For Chicken Sandwich Grilled
- 2 pieces of chicken breasts, bone and skin removed completely
- 1/4th cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 lemon, juiced and seeds removed
- Garlic and herb seasoning as per taste
- Black ground pepper as per taste
- 4 sprigs fresh dill chopped evenly
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Salt as per taste
- Mayonnaise as per taste
- Sliced tomatoes
- Lettuce leaves
- 2thick slices of French bread
Preparing The Chicken
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and let it heat up evenly.
- Now take your chicken breast pieces and prick the pieces with a fork so as to make a hole in it and place it in a bowl.
- Pour half the cup of olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar over the chicken. Sprinkle the garlic herb seasoning, the ground black pepper, and chopped fresh dill. Stir it evenly to coat the chicken breasts completely. Once done, leave it aside and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Take the marinated chicken, remove the marinates, and place the chicken on the preheated grill. Grill it for 10 to 15 minutes on each side until they turn soft and brown. Make sure to keep an eye on the chicken continuously to prevent it from burning.
- Remove the chicken for the grill and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Cut open the chicken breast pieces into halves for better cooking.
Making The Chicken Sandwich (Grilled)
- Melt the butter and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to it. Heat it in medium-high heat. Sprinkle some garlic powder and salt over the butter and oil mixture.
- Place your French bread slices on the pan and toast them until they turn golden brown on one side. This takes about 3 minutes.
- Take the French bread with the toasted side down and spread mayonnaise all over it. Place your lettuce on the mayonnaise and add in the remaining veggies. Now take your grilled chicken and place it on top of the veggies. Now take another toasted bread slice, apply mayonnaise on to it and place it on the chicken with the toasted side upwards.
Voila! You have successfully made a new sandwich!
While making the fillings or preparing the chicken, make sure not to sprinkle too much salt on it. Since the mayonnaise already has enough salt, too much of it can ruin the taste of your perfect sandwich.